From Google Summer of Code coordination Wiki
This is a draft proposal, if you want to apply remove this sentence and write your name in the field Student.
- Mentor: Edgar Friendly
- Student: write your name here
- Summary: Identify missing functionality in Batteries (merging what is appropriate)
- Required skills:
- OCaml library programming
- Ability to research and compare stdlibs
- Optional: ability to write camlp4 extensions
The Batteries Included project extends the OCaml core standard library with a number of extensions. Many extensions to the OCaml standard library have been written over the years, including Jane Street Core, the OCaml CDK, extlib, cf_lib and more. In addition, other programming languages have a "batteries included" standard library, including Java, .Net and Python. The goal is to survey these sources of commonly needed functionality and discover features that Batteries should include, creating a large comparison matrix of libraries and features. The seed for this matrix is at our github wiki.